Re: TDROC, tonight/tomorrow

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: TDROC, tonight/tomorrow
From: Ronnie Day <rday@bigtex.ci.dallas.tx.us>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:20:17 -0500

>Is anyone planning on driving up to Ft. Worth this afternoon/evening?  We
>are planning on leaving Austin about 3:00 today.  If anyone wants to caravan
>please let me know.
>
>Peaceven't made up our minds on the route, it could be IH-35, or SH-281.

IMHO, 281 is far superior, but I like driving in the country. Coming up
281, at Hico you have two choices (I think-this is off the top of my head
at the office). Continue up 281 to Stephenville and take 377 north (takes
you into the SW side of Ft. Worth) or you can turn back east on 6 (I
think) go a few blocks and turn back north on 220 toward Glen Rose and
Cleburne. Take the loop around Cleburne to 174 and go north through
Burleson til you intersect with 35W south of Ft. Worth. The second does
take you back east a bit.

One of the absolute best places to eat on the way to/from is the Koffee
Kup in Hico. It's on 6, a block or so east of 281. Incredible chicken
fried steak, onion rings. I hear the pies are equally as good. I've never
had room for desert.

Anyone has problems, give us a yell at 817-572-0873.

Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)