Re: Why #3? the guy in Kent (Auburn)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why #3? the guy in Kent (Auburn)
From: SpearsEng@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:54:56 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/00 10:18:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
SPL311RDST@aol.com writes:

<< << In the late 70s or early 80s I ran across a firm in Kent, Washington
  that produced a Roadster newsletter for a short while.  I can' remeb
  er their name.  They were a race engine buileder, and one of the crew
  was a Roadster nut, so persuaded mangemtn to let him do this.  THey
  had a fact sheet they sent out for free on an oil passage mod to even
  out the oil flow to the bearings.  But, as I recall, they were mostly
  concerned with #1 main.  THe fact sheet was well written and very
  detailed.  You could have taken it and your block to any competent
  machine shop and had the work done, even if the shop had never seen a
  U20 before. >>

 try: J. Frank Spears: spearseng@aol.com

 Don't know him personally, but his stuff has popped up online occasionally.
 He used to have stuff on the web, someone could email for the URL.

 Laurie :-) >>

Yes I do live & work in the Auburn/Kent area, however I have no clue of the
firm you are talking about.  If you have a name I can see if they are still
around and what they have available

J. Frank Spears
'69 1600, SPL 311-26627
Auburn, WA