Re: No Vacuum Advance

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: No Vacuum Advance
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:49:20 -0500
Would the gas mileage in the Solex cars improve at no performance loss if
fitted with a non smog dizzi and a vacuum advance?  My understanding of the
vacuum action is everything to gain and nothing to loose, except for perhaps
the time lag when the throttle is first hit that may cause a moment of knock.
has any one tried?

By the way, I need the advance mechanism to convert a 1600 smog dizzi to non
smog.  Any one have a spare?

Regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont