Air Cleaner Quiz

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Cleaner Quiz
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:07:09 -0600
Hey all-

I received the following air cleaner as "extra parts" for my 1600.  It's
made very differently than my other 1600 air cleaner assemblies.  It appears
to be made to attach to twin side draft SU's.  Anyone have any ideas what
year and model it goes too?  Late 1500 maybe??  With the twin air inlets it
doesn't appear to have the volume needed to properly aspirate a 1600 or
2000.
http://users.ksni.net/~mruffcorn/aircleaner1.jpg

http://users.ksni.net/~mruffcorn/aircleaner2.jpg

Any ideas on how to modify it to create a "cold air box" for my 2L in the
67?  I didn't "dollie" the inner fender before painting so the stock air
filter assembly won't fit, or so I've been told.

Nathan