Re[2]: Stereo help/stealth radios

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Stereo help/stealth radios
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:32:21 -0800
My 2 cents:

1) Before anyone cuts up their console, it's a good idea to see if you can
do a swap with someone. It is a lot of work to do the cutting yourself.
Save yourself the sweat!

2) I looked for a unit that was pure black, and has a removeable faceplate.
Then I painted the new console faceplate black. Stay away from a flashy
modern unit with lots of chrome etc. Having used an RF controlled hidden
unit in my Z, I decided it was more important to me to have everything in
front of me on one unit, for the convenience in my roadster. I've seen
units behind the seats, under the dash, under the seat, and in the trunk.
They all seem inconvenient to me, as compared to the ease of slipping in a
CD right in front of you. Take a look at the next roadster show and you'll
notice quite a few radio swaps in the console.

Fred - So.SF