Book Report: Datsun Roadsters 62-71

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Book Report: Datsun Roadsters 62-71
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:22:57 EST
For all
Mayby many already have this book, but my
cool brother in law (yea, I have some less than
cool ones) sent it after seeing my
project.  Brooklands Road Test series, 1992.
Lots of good vintage road tests, and most important
for me, good detailed pictures.  2 bits of trivia I gleaned
from the pictures:
1.  Under the hood on some cars was a cool work
     light, that can be unplugged and a cord drawn]
     out, to put the light where needed.  I have such
     a light on my 67, but figured it was some kind
     of ancient JC Whitney add on.  Nope, saw same
      light on several early cars in the book.

2.  A minor point, pictures show the voltage regulator
    with the wires pointing down.  This is what I
    changed my car to just figuring better for
     drip protection.   I have seen some very nice
     professional restos with the wires up.  Why,
     I dont know, maybe makes the wire harness
     look neater.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va