Re: Help with upper A-arm

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help with upper A-arm
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:41:13 -0800
Yep,
        the 'bolts' that stick out of the end of the upper a-arms are, indeed,
bushings!  And, if you happen to have a wrench and a 6 foot breaker bar,
sometimes they even unscrew...  new parts are available from our beloved
suppliers (not the dealership, as of about 6 years ago)
        However, these bushings are in metal-to-metal contact with the
spindles,(the part that bolts to the car) and that means that the
spindles wear out, too.  They've been NLA from any source for years-
unless someone's started remanufacturing them.  The moral- grease the
bejeezuzs out of your front end, regularly...
        Also make sure that the bolts holding the spindles to the car are well
and truly tight- they have a known habit of coming loose...
Toby