Re: Arrrgh,..spring shackles??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Arrrgh,..spring shackles??
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:05:35 -0800
Dan, go look at http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/partsidx.html Sections 52 and 53.
In diagram 52 you will see a part labelled 23. This is the rear spring bracket
(the diagram isn't too good on this particular part). It is a flat strap that
bolts to the underside of the frame rail and hangs down in kind of an S shape.
In diagram 53 you will see part numbers 42 and 17. These are the shackles. In
spite of what the diagram indicates, they actually hang DOWN from the rear
spring eye, not UP. When everything is properly installed, the rear spring eye
should be INSIDE the upper part of the S on the spring bracket, and the
shackles will go DOWN from the spring eye to the lower part of the S (which is
another eye.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org