Rear end Redo is done!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear end Redo is done!!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:47:02 -0800
Hello All,
        Well my rear end redo is done.  I finished last night about 9pm.  I
painted the rear diff housing, the leaf springs and all the suspension hardware
with
black POR-15.  I installed Deans urethane suspension bushing kit and the 4.11
LSD unit.  It looks pretty good. The patch I made to the differential
housing looks to be solid.  The brakes appear to be functioning properly. The
4.11 LSD seems to be quite and working.  Yahoo!!!!!!!!
        Aroundn town the 4.11 is great.  I can difinately feel more torque.
The car is jsut noticabley peppier.
        After re-installing the leaf springs the rear end is noticiably higher..
What could I of done wrong to make this happen?? Everything appears to be
re-installed correctly but who knows...  Could my .25" thick rubber spacers
be causing this???  Us there supposed to be  pads on the smallest leaf
spring??  I added them...hmmm
        What is the correct way to adjust the rear brakes?? Turn the
adjuster till there is a slight drag??
        To the people who didn't want me to remove my front bumpstops.
I only want to remove them so I can use the nifty bandsaw at work to
cut them down via Bob Sharpe and then re-install them.

        Hope everybody who celebrates it had a happy thanksgiving.

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA