Re: Headers

To: yates@sk.sympatico.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headers
From: MHarper486@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:34:16 EST
In a message dated 99-11-24 19:21:07 EST, yates@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<<
 On a 67 1600 will a header cause clearance problems with the starter or just
 heating problems? I know some people switch to the shorter 2000 starter but
 don't know the reason. Has anyone got a gear reduction starter in their's
 and if so what make and pn? Thanks.

 Dan Yates
 67 1600

Dan, definitely a clearance problem.  The header just will not fit...., well
not without some ball-peen hammer work,  but why bother if you can put a 2000
starter on?  Been there, before I knew there was a shorter/fatter starter..

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC