Dang blankity blank rusted bolts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Dang blankity blank rusted bolts
From: Gppepoy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 16:31:04 EST
Hello out there,

I have just succeded in smashing the world record in breaking the heads off
of bolts holding the front quarter panels to the door frames.  Also, the pan
head bolts were impossible to break loose.  The phillips head would just
strip out.  So...I drilled out the heads on the suckers and the rest just
fell off the back side.  No damage to the roadster and one less fastener to
deal with.

Back to the bolt heads  that busted off.   Normally, I would just drill out
the sucker and use an extractor (that screws in backwards) to back out the
length remaining in the frame.  I suspect that others have delt with this
problem and have learned a few tricks.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Warm regards

Guy Pepoy
1967.5 SPL311