Brake Bias & rear wheel cylinder

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Bias & rear wheel cylinder
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 99 00:27:40 CST
OOPS....

Ya know, some times I do manage to get it backwards. ;-)

So, after wiping a little egg off my face...

The SMALLER DIAMETER wheel cylinders will give LESS REAR BRAKING

The LARGER DIAMETER wheel cylinders will give MORE REAR Braking.

It simple, but if you mentally picture the rear wheel brake
cylinder going to "zero diameter" it is obvious you'll have
LESS rear braking.

The early roadsters (single master cylinder) had a 13/16"
rear wheel cylinder. Starting with the 67.5 models, when
they went to tandem brake master, the rear wheel cylinders
were reduced to 3/4".   So the later cars are LESS LIKELY
to lock up the rear brakes under heavy braking.

Yep, remember to keep those rear brakes adjusted.

Sorry for the confusion... if you don't mind, I'll go
for turkey rather than an egg sandwich.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.