New Guy Q - Restoration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Guy Q - Restoration
From: WCHMCH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:02:46 EST
This is probably a FAQ - I apologize in advance if I've missed an obvious
answer.

I have a '69 2000.  My dad bought the car new in Southern California.  I
learned to drive in the car, so it has a fair amount of sentimental value.
It runs well, but the interior and exterior need some TLC.

I'm interested in fully restoring the car.  I know, I probably should try
doing it myself, but time and talent are huge issues, and I'd like it done
right - I still remember how it looked the day my Dad drove it home.  I'm
somewhat familiar with a couple of California shops that restore speedsters,
including Classic Datsun Motorsports.  I'm actually thinking about shipping
the car West, but can anyone recommend a restoration shop - familiar with
Roadsters - in the East?  I live in the Washington, DC area, but would be
willing to travel a fair distance (Florida?  New England?  Ohio?) to find the
right shop.

Thanks for your help.

Bill
Potomac, Maryland