Re: Of bumpstops and spring pads

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Of bumpstops and spring pads
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:11:07 EST
In a message dated 22-11-99 5:57:33 PM EST, dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<< I heard that cutting the front bumpstops will cause
 the suspension to bang itself to bits??? Coudl this be true?? I have
 the comp springs and swaybar up front. >>

Hey Dan,

Actually, it has been my experience that the opposite would be true.  If you
are running with lowered springs in the front you will need to trim down the
bumpstops in order to let the springs work and not get "bumpstopped".  You
will find that the car if pushed hard around a corner will understeer more if
it bottoms out.

Follow the instructions as per the Bob Sharp Competition Manual.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex / Laguna Seca bound tomorrow!  Yee ha!
San Francisco, Ca