question -- how do they manufacture "formed" heater hose?

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.Team.Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: question -- how do they manufacture "formed" heater hose?
From: "jdg1" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 06:42:30 -0800
List,

While working on my other car ("A___A") I found I need to replace one of the
heater hoses.  The hose has even more bends in it than those on my roadster
and the price from the dealer isn't that bad.  I had a lot of time sitting
in traffic today and was just pondering how these hoses are made.  I have
always been willing to shell out the bucks for the formed hoses but am now
wondering if there is a way to impart some sort of instinct into normal hose
and avoid the severe price differential the formed hose command.

I guess the question is just the manifestation of spending too much time in
traffic and with Seattle now # 3 (and trying exceptionally hard to be #1) I
may have even more time for such ramblings.

Jerry
'69 2000
'86 Alfa gtv6