Rear end help!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear end help!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:56:57 -0800
Hello All,
        Well I have most of my rear end apart but now I have two questions.

        How in the world do you remove the leaf springs??  I knocked the pin
out of the front mount but how do you remove them at the rear???  Do I have
to unbolt the leaf spring mount from the frame??

        Any suggestions on how to degrease my rear suspension stuff?? I
thought simple green would do it but its not even close to cutting the thick
black sludge coating most of the stuff.

        Boy did I ever forget the most important thing when working on the
car... ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!!  After being on my back for a couple of hours under
the car an ICE COLD Sierra Nevada Pale Ale would taste soo good....
        Wish me luck I am going to drop off my axles at the machinist
tomorrow...one at a time by motorcycle..sheesh

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA