Need quick response - driving w/ blown headgasket!

To: "240" <240z-club@peak.org>, "roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need quick response - driving w/ blown headgasket!
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:53:45 -0800
Hi all...

Let's just say there was this "friend" of mine, we'll call him KH to
preserve anonymity;-), who wanted to drive an L16 vehicle about 40
miles with a blown headgasket.

Is "he" nuts?  Seems that it might be possible to remove the plug
from the offending cylinder and drive with the pop-pop-pop-pop
going - no heat in that hole, no compression, so no water lock.

Thoughts?

I (I mean, "he";-) is planning on doing this in about an hour and a
half, so help help help!

KH
(oops, blown my cover!)
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
  |  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, three speed - El Krunchariffic
  `-(#)------(#)-<  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

  "Datsuns are like potato chips - bet you can't have just one!"