Got my axles out!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Got my axles out!!
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:50:36 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        Well, following the tech tip I got my rear axles out no problem.
Did not even need a puller.. What was scary was that the lug nuts were not
exactly torqued down and the four bolts holding the backing plate on were not
very tight either.
        Some questions.
        Tom mentions some shims that go somewhere?? I did not see any shims
and I am not exactly sure where I am supposed to look.
        Do I jsut take the axles down to the machinists as is?? They are kinda
grimy and greasy..the machinist wont mess up all the stuff thats attached??
I.e. the backing plate and brake stuff??
        The redo kit has lots of stuff that I can not find on my axles...
Rubber seals and gaskets and stuff...hmmmmm..

                Daniel 69 2000