Re: Lots of Oil pressure...

To: "Toby B" <toby@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: Re: Lots of Oil pressure...
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:11:48 -0500
A tale:

The only Roadster engine I have rebuilt had the block taken to a "certified
rebuilder" in Miami Fla.
He had all the equipment and had many short-blocks in and out during the time
my unit was there for cam bearings, & crank grinding. I purchased all rebuild
items from this shop as well. (gaskets. rings, bearing shell, etc.  When I
assembled the works, I notice that #3 rod journal was way wide, but freshly
ground and radiused.  I felt this could not possibly help on the oil pressure
issue and confronted the owner on this detail.  There was a rather heated
debate regarding my ability to set up a crank grinder, and how much of an idiot
I must be to even think about such details.  I left dissatisfied, the oil
pressure always seemed low, but no problems were seen for the short while I had
the car.  Still I think an engine rebuilder may tell us ten thou is enough end
clearance on a journal if we are trying to maintain oil pressure.

Regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont