Lots of Oil pressure...

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lots of Oil pressure...
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:18:17 -0800
Except,
        of course, for my BMW 2002 which IDLES at 60 psi and routinely hits 80
in normal driving.  Almost 100 when cold.  And, yep, that's normal!
(well, the popoff is designed to start opening at 70 psi)
BTW, the 'bearing shells' in the bottom ends of motors are really
misnamed- they're more like 'oil controllers' since the crank and rods
are actually floating on a thin film of oil.  The oil is the bearing
surface.
        So change your oil regularly!
Toby