RE: U-20 cam sprocket chock

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: U-20 cam sprocket chock
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:31:38 -0500
There really isn't a big issue with the u20 on this.   The problem with the
L-series
engines is that the tensioner is down low in the front cover so if you don't
prevent it from
popping out you are screwed and have to remove the front cover  to replace the
tensioner.

With the U20 you can drop the chain in w/o a big problem.  You just need to be
able to pull it back up!  Just tie it up with a piece of strong wire.

Timing isn't much of an issue either.  Put the crank at TDC with the dist rotor
at number one
when you pull it apart (the number one cam lobes will be at 10 and 2 o'clock)
Just put it back the same way.

Jim Tyler