69 2000 for sale $3500obo (not mine)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 2000 for sale $3500obo (not mine)
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:21:05 -0800
Hello All,
        A good friend of mine from college's uncle is selling his roadster.
I don't want him to sell it and I don't think he 'really' wants to part with it
after owning it for 22 years ...but
none-the-less I told him I would help.
        Last wekend I went over to his place and gave it a good checking out
and took it for a drive.  I took detailed notes about the car but of course I
have lost them..so here is what a I remember.
        The car: 69 2000 nice silver paint job.  I think he has had the car
repainted twice since he has owned it.  The car has been always professionally
maintained by a good shop in Berkeley (forgot the name..).  He says that the
engine was totally redone  once a while ago and the su's were also replaced.
It started right up with no timing chain rattle into a nice idle. I could not
detect any signs of the su throttle shafts being worn.  After it was warm the
car
runs right up to redline no problem...Seemed to be a good strong driver.
He had the car desmooged and has a recurved dist.  He has had the steering box
replaced with a later model?/ The steering on this
car is very tight.  On my little test drive the brakes seemed fine.
        THE BODY:  Looks good very straight with like two little shallow dings
inthe front and rear where somebody backed into him in a parking lot. Chrome,
Its all there and in good shape.  There is a light surface rust under the
carpets
and on the floors of the trunk.  Nothing some POR-15 would not fix easily.
There are some rust bubbles just forward of the left rear wheel.  I was
suprised to find any rust on the car at all. Its been kept in a garage in the
sunny part of SF it's entire life (I think).
        Wheels, cool two piece panasprt lookalikes.  He did not remember
what they were exactly but thought maybe they were EMPI's??  I think he
maybe bought them like 20yrs ago so they could be EMPI's.
        Interior:  Its all there.. He has a more recent carpet kit from Ralleye
He has had the seats redone a couple of times. ALl the vynal is there and
original.  A little bit of time with some cleaner/restorer and vacuum and some
gule and it would look really good I think.
        He has a really excellent NOS full tonneau and half Tonneau.  He has
a really excellent NOS TOP-Frame that he only puts on the car if he drives it in
the rain. Otherwise he keeps it folded wrapped in blankets inthe garage.  The
strange thing is that the rear window is cracking?? I think 20yrs of armor all
might be to blame...
        He also has some spare parts he wants to see go withthe car.  The
old SU's, dist, smog stuff, misc interior/exterior trim stuff, a spare 2000
grill
in good but not perfect shape.  that kind of stuff.,
        Lets see, did I forget anything.. probably..
I have several good pictures I can email to anyone who is interested.

        His name is Jim Roth and his number is 415-550-7541 or his
email is bbsfd@compuserve.com

        I think its a good solid car that will not need thousands put into it
to make it a good looker and a strong runner.

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA