idler arm/parts swap/air compressor filter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: idler arm/parts swap/air compressor filter
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:29:33 EST
Hello list, just an update on my
67 resto project:
I disassembled my spare front end (complete frame with all steering
and brake stuff attached).   Everything was in near new condition,
as was advertised when I got it (thanks Nick!).  Rubber boots
on end links, etc, are deteriorated.  The only thing I needed was
the idler arm, which I already put in my car.  It still had the
rubber top, and had perfect guts inside.  The rest of my front end
looks good, so what this means is I have a set of ball joints,
tie rod ends, etc that I dont really need.  I dont want to sell
them, would like to trade for  fol parts:
1)  unbroken vent wing knobs, can be in need
     to be rechomed condition
2)  early DATSUN 1600 chrome bits for sides and rear,
     These dont have to be perfect, but good, OK to put on
      car quality.  2 of mine are fair, but really need at least one.
3)  front cover with timing marks, or the timeing marker if its
     removable.  I have the 3 notches in the pully, but nothing
     to line it up with.  This is a 68 or so 5 main bearing block
     #R-108896
I want to keep the brake parts for now, until I see how bad my
front pistons are, and if my spares are any better, but the rotors
and caliper houseings are available.
Also,  just completed second spraying of primer on car after
major wetsanding effort.  Looks to be about a 90% solution,
and would probably look better than Earl Schieb if I sprayed
color now, but I'm going to wet sand some more.  I realized
I will need a good water separator and dirt filter on my air
compressor prior to the color coat and remembered I had
a number of 2 foot tall 6 inch diameter 5000PSI hydralic
filters.   I thought I bought a pallet of electric
motors from DRMO, and a bunch of these filters were mixed
in with them.  Guess what- they make the worlds
best most over designed air compressor filter and water
separator.   Dont ask me to ship one, as they weigh
about 75lbs, but if your in the area you
can pick one up for 25.00.
Pretty sure they cost the government about 500.00 each.
They are new, with plastic plugs still in the holes.
Best Regards,
Jim
67 pushrod 2L
Chesapeake Virginia