Re: Extra Nice 66 1600 on eBay / 1st place at auto crosses!!

To: Magic1910@aol.com
Subject: Re: Extra Nice 66 1600 on eBay / 1st place at auto crosses!!
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT)
HI all I have sceen this car in person if you have questions about it let
me know.  It has an expensive paint job, but poor pre-paint work. Also the
paint does not match origonal coloring ,in my opinion. It is a nice care
don't get me wrong, but when I looked at it the guy wanted $10k for it, I
would say more  around 7-8K, but I am particular, and want to do the work
myself. THe car is great for a finished thing but if you want more about
he car feel free to ask me.

Today, I went to the local auto cross event, and I kicked ASS!!!  I got a
time of 1:18.44, course distance (unsure) 3/4 mi
The class I was in AS1, and i wasn't the only car :-)
I beat all but one car in AS2 who got 1:17.58)(MR2)
and Second place in BI got 1:17.56
I was pretty happy, to say the least that being the second oldest car
their (the first a Alfa Sprint 1965, with daul solex's, time 1:20.809)
All these cars were set up for auto crossing (they have tires, and
suspension, exaugest)  and i have a bone stock 1600(with a header and 2"
exaugest)

What a great feeling, and another plaque to add to the slowly growing
collection.

Have a great weekend all!
Eric
| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |