Re: S.U.V.

To: "pyro" <pyro@mohaveaz.com>, "Carol Pierce" <cnpierce@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: S.U.V.
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:12:19 -0700
Did you read the specs. on the Rambo ? It's got a V-12 engine. It get's 4
mpg city, and 6 mpg. hwy.
                   620 hp.  and can go 292 mph.
 I don't think those people have their heads on straight.  It has a fifty
gal. fuel tank @ 4 mpg.= 200 miles. @ $1.00 per gal. = $50.00.  It would
cost me $50.00 to go to Las Vegas and return.  A distance of 200 miles.  It
takes me, in the 1998 Nissan Altima we now own, 10 gal. to make the same
trip.=$10.00.

The horsepower race is on again.  The one they curbed in 1965.
And it looks like the gasoline is plentiful again, so guzzle up to the pumps
@ 1.50 per gal. and 4-6 miles per gal.
                                            The Oil Companies did it to us
again.  Raised the price of Gas and then conspired with the auto makers to
drop the efficency of the vehicles.

What happened to the Federal milage standards that were supposed to be
imposed in this country ?

No wonder Nissan is into reorganization.