Re: Mystery 160 mph speedo

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mystery 160 mph speedo
From: Art Department <qcimages@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:43:54 -0700
I'm pretty sure that the 160mph speedos were made from the 67.5 2000 thru
1970 2000. In my hands I could tell you exactly what year car its for,
since we don't, you need to measure the diameter the larger ones are for
flat dashes 67.5 and older and the small ones are for 68 and newer.

The post to the list said 67 2000 speedos for sale (there was a 67 1600,
67.5 1600 and a 67.5 2000), The correct speedo for a 67.5 2000 would have
BLACK trim ring only and it should be 160mph.

You very well could have a 68 -70 speedo for a 2000 which is smaller and
would have a chrome ring, the 68 only speedo had an additional internal
chrome ring about 2" round on the face of the speedo.

If you do have a speedo that goes in a FLAT dash and it says 160mph and it
has chrome rings then one of two things happened, someone chromed the
original black rings or replaced the original black rings with chrome ones
as they like the chrome rings better from the earlier cars. I guess the
factory could have run out of Black rings towards the end of production and
used whatever they had laying around?
This type of thing has been known to happen but It would be the first I
have heard of this for 67.5 gauges.

craig
69 BAD2000
67.5 solex 2000 SRL311-00039