Re: Wiring Harness

To: "Blair, Joe" <jblair@roseville.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:24:14 -0700

"Blair, Joe" wrote:

> Anyone out there with a right hand drive '64 1500? The wiring harness in
> my left hand drive  '64  is shot. I was searching the net just for the
> heck of it and found a company that makes wiring harnesses. They have on
> for a '64, but it's for the right hand model. I'm curious on the
> location of components on the right hand drive car. If everything is
> basically mirrored, it wouldn't matter if the car is right hand or left
> hand. Where's the fuse box, coil, alternator etc. on a right hand drive
> car??
> The price is good, <$300
>
> Joe Blair
> 1964 SPL310 #02775
> jblair@roseville.ca.us

Joe,
I just asked this question to the early Datsun list. Alan Bent told me
the firewall penetration on the right hand drive is the same as the
left hand drive. That would mean the right hand drive should work,
but it would be longer then the left hand drive.

Rallye had a under dash right hand drive harness for $79.00.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID