Great Consternation over Hoods!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Great Consternation over Hoods!
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:24:29 EDT
So today was rain all day, a perfect roadster work day.
Time to put on the hood.  My really nice used hood, much better
than the dented one, was ready.  I had fiberglassed and bondo'd
the holes in the back were some PO had put hood pins,
cleaned and primed the whole thing.  After considerable
consternation, it was on.  Time to put on the prop rod.
Guess what, its on the wrong side.  I looked at my old
crappy hood, and naturally, it was on the correct side, but
guess what, only because someone moved it.  There was
a crude braze repair where it used to be.  Even more intriged,
I looked at my "new" hood, with the prop rod tab on the
wrong side, and it used to have one on what for my car would
be the right side, with yet another crude braze repair.
This just goes to show.....its always something.
Or, as we say in the Navy   50-50-90.  Which means if ya got
a 50-50 chance you will get it wrong 90% of the time.
I got some bar stock and the torch and cut off wheel, and
fabricated a new, even better prop rod tab, and called it a day.
I think I will leave the unused tab on this hood, as a
reminder of this day.  As near as I can figure, the early cars
have prop rods on the Pass side, and the later cars have em
on the Driver side.....maybe this tidbit will help someone else
out there.
Best Regards,
Jim
67 pushrod 2L