Seats, body plugs, paint booth, note to CDM

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seats, body plugs, paint booth, note to CDM
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 10:58:46 EDT
Just another update in the ever-so-slow  home garage resto
of my 67 pushrod 2L.   Got the seats back from the seat guy.
$325 if I paid him cash, and they look nice.  He had to rebuild
one all the way (rubber springs, burlap, foam, vinel) and just
foam and vinel on the other one.  The stitching and pattern look
very original based only on pictures I have seen.
**question:  I forgot which one goes where, one has a sort of
a catch on the seatback, the other one dosnt, or maybe
you can tell by how the adjusters are orientated.

Shot the car with primer last weekend, and the garage paint booth
scheme worked well.  I have tarps draped from the rafters all around the
car, and I put two window fans on fast exhausting from the side door, with the
rest of the door blocked off with scrap plywood,  This forces a relatively
dust free warm flow to be sucked in from the roof vents, for the finish
coat I will maybe try some furnace filters over the roof vents.  Lots of
wet sanding, and some glazing putty, need to be done, and another
primer coat will be needed before finishing.  I figure it may be
spring for the finish coat.

Ordered a 128pc body rubber plug kit from JC Whitney, I will let the list
know about the quality, and if all the strange roadster holes are
covered when I get it. (firewall, fender pockets, etc).  These to will go into
my giant box of new parts for installation after the finish coat.

For some motivation, I dropped in one of the seats and slid on the
steering wheel, bolted on the nice spray painted silver wheels, and
my best 4 hubcaps, took her off the stands and went for a hot drive up and
down the driveway.  Quite motivating, especially with an open header.
Stopping reminded me that brakes will be one of this winters projects,
and a likely giant money sink.......

For Les and Dean at CDM, just FYI the guy who built the engine is
Bob Wesolowski at K&S service 619-292-9550 in San Diego, I think.
Appears to be a totally outstanding and very powerful job, but would
appreciate if  anyone has any local knowlege of this shop to cut me in.
<HIGHKIX4@aol.com>

All for now....
Jim
67 pushrod 2L