Re: List of Parts to Carry at All Times

To: atmarosi@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List of Parts to Carry at All Times
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 99 10:26:01 CDT
Take a look at the following site:

http://www.datsun.org

Click on the "D"
click on "news and information"
click on "tom's tech tips"
Read "trouble shooting while on the road"

At the end of the article I list the items I
usually carry with me.

I usually carry additional item to HELP out
other roadster owners. Things like floats and
front brake lines are more for the folks who
have a problem on the road... as mine are fine!
Admitted it also means taking along my 7/16"
flare nut wrench, and a extra bottle of brake
fluid.

Most important thing is to have a WELL MAINTAINED
roadster! Things like extra floats are handy to
have... once again to help out a fellow roadster
owner.

It is a very, very rare thing to be stranded in
a roadster. For the odd things, like BREAKING
a distributor cap... you can use a piece of duct
tape to get it going again. Ditto on the rotor...
had a cheap item LOOSE the brass center part...
paper clip and some duct tape got it home.

In the case of the broken distributor cap: Battery
was NOT secured, and flipped over smashing the
battery cap.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX