Seat and replacement vinyl questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat and replacement vinyl questions
From: Mark_Kalmus@dell.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:04:59 -0500
Good morning, all.

I yanked the seats out of my '70 2000 over the weekend so I can reattach my
dash more comfortably.  I have on each of the rail pairs that bolt to the
body at least one bolt that has sheared off (one my doing, the others likely
by a PO).  Question No. 1: Are the bolts removable from the rail body or am
I in the unfortunate position of having to locate new/used rails?

I spent the waning hours of Saturday evening cleaning and inspecting the
seats.  On the underside of the seat there are nylon straps that are
fastened to the base of the seatback, and then run under the seatbase to two
opposing springs.  Question No. 2:  What is purpose of this strap?  My guess
it is to return the seat back to an upright position automatically.

Question No. 3:  Where is a good, economical source of replacement vinyl for
the rear deck and console?  Like a lot of folks, my console needs
recovering, and I figured replacing all the vinyl at once is the way to go.
Anyone take on this task?  Any advice?

Mark Kalmus
70 2000
Cedar Park TX