Re: Carb-itis

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb-itis
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 19:19:18 -0700
I've had the same symptoms
        with gunk in the tank.  A little bit of stuff would jam the fuel pump
valve, and it would lose fuel pressure.  Cheap solution?  Put a filter
BEFORE the pump, and change it frequently.
        The other thing I had trouble with was the fuel return line.  On '68
and later cars, there's supposed to be a little thermo-valve on the back
carb to hold fuel pressure at the carbs.  It breaks easily, so some PO
had replaced mine with an open fitting.  I lost fuel pressure going up
hills....
Good luck,
Toby