Low windshield Roadster found: story and question

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Low windshield Roadster found: story and question
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:59:00 -0500
Well, as my previous post indicated, the roadster bug has bit me hard.  Last
weekend,  I was driving out of town to meet up with my brother to do a
little mountain biking.  The weather turned out to be less than cooperative
here in the midwest, with temps in the forties combined with blowing rain.
Instead I did a little cruising, and on a tip, happened upon a low
windshield roadster on a lonely country road.  It was sitting in the guys
front yard with "For Sale" barely visible on the windshield.  The car was
barely recognizable as a datsun as all the badging and chrome was missing.
As I looked inside, my heart jumped-it had a 67.5 dash and doors!  Through
this excitement, I had failed to notice the two VERY large dogs that were
now growling, circling me and the car.  I looked around, hoping the owner
had seen me pull in-no such luck!  My car was a quite a ways a way, the
house was farther but seemed like the best option as there were several cars
in the driveway.  Somehow I made it to the house without incident with the
owner coming to the door just as one the dogs was coming up on the porch to
"taste" me.
The owner knew nothing about the car and to my dismay, after popping the
hood, we discovered it was a 1600 rather than a 2000.  Although stripped of
all the chrome for body work, the pieces were all in the trunk.  It also had
a hardtop that I need.
MY QUESTION:
Do 67 1/2 1600's and their parts have a higher value than other 1600's since
they share many of the same parts and styling with the 67 1/2 2000?  I am
looking for a way to justify spending the additional money for an entire
car, when all I really need is a hardtop.  The car would probably sit for
several years and then be restored by my youngest brother after college.
Any thoughts?

Nathan