Re: Front brake and rotor question?

To: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Front brake and rotor question?
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:36:05 -0700

Don Miller wrote:

> I have a 68 1600 that I want to convert to 13" wheels.
> I know people are shaking their head but it is an SCCA
> E-Mod car. What do I need to get from a 65 and older
> car to make the change? Are the calipers and rotors
> just smaller and will the calipers just bolt right on?
> Or do I need to get the whole front, A-arms, spindles,
> springs, calipers and rotors? Has anyone else made the
> change to smaller wheels and found a betteer solution?
> Thanks!
>
> Don Miller
> 68 Turbo V-6 E-Mod screamer
> Must Go Faster Racing
> Meridian, ID
>
> =====

Don,
Have you checked into Bart wheels or any of the other circle track type
wheels. I know they come in many different offsets. I have seen them on
five tens, but I'm not sure what size brake discs they have. The ones
I have seen have the wheel offset going away from the hub. When
using the smaller wheels the tires usually have a smaller diameter
allowing them to clear the fenders.

Mike