Re: Rackin Frackin Rag Top!

To: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: Rackin Frackin Rag Top!
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:23:40 PST8PDT
Oh my, be careful!

> In any event, the center latch does most of the work on mine!

This sounds like a broken bow waiting to happen!

I've been told (I don't have a working soft-top; rollbar gets in the way)
that you should latch the outer edges first, and finish up with the
center. If you use the center to pull the top snug, you will eventually
fatigue the metal and crack the bow right in the center. Ouch!

In fact, Kyle, does your top suffer from this problem? When you hold
the front bow in the center, are the ends stiff or can you 'flop' them
a bit?

-- John

'68 1600 with ground-to-paste transmission innards and
left finger with stitches - please be careful when pulling an engine!