Re: Installing Interior Panels

To: DavidG6523@aol.com
Subject: Re: Installing Interior Panels
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Dave,

        I bought the complete interior kit from CDM and also bought the
complete interior clip set..ouch those things are a buck a piece.. I think
Dennis tried to disuade me from using them saying they were a pain in the butt
and such...And well, he was right they are a humongous pain in the rear.
        My solution.. adhesive backed industrial strength velcro.  You can
but it in different widths. I used a lot of 2".  You can cut it to fit just
around the original mounting points or covere as much of the panel as you
want. It holds at least as well as the clips and also has a vibrations
dampening effect. And its easy to take the panels off when you need to.
I just did my door panels that way and they are stuck GOOD!! Just my
2-cents.

Man those panel clips are a pain especially if you don't have the original
panels to guide you in their placement.

        Daniel 69 2000
        SF CA