Re: Jimmy's Old Car Picnic

To: "Shifty" <shifty@well.com>, "roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jimmy's Old Car Picnic
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:35:55 -0700
Great pics, Leigh! Good thing you had a digital camera, I brought one but
left the battery in the charger, duh!

To All:

The show is a blast, like visiting a car museum. Unlike a car museum, ya
get special effects - check out the picture of the Fairlane. That ain't BBQ
smoke at the street in the background.

I believe we had six roadsters in our lineup (more if you count the British
cars that lined up with us). Leigh, me, Michael Carion, Daniel Neuman,
Brian Cano, and Stephan Souchoux (minus his car). And one fellow with a '69
solex 2000 came to the show hoping to possibly see another Datsun roadster,
and is very enthused that he found 5 of our cars! Recently got the car
running (barely), and wants to know if we know where to get parts and
tuneup advice... Dan wi'll be on the list soon!

Fred - So.SF
SF BADROC

> From: Shifty <shifty@well.com>
> To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Jimmy's Old Car Picnic
> Date: Sunday, October 03, 1999 9:05 PM
>
> A few BADROC'ers got together today at the 11th Annual Jimmy's Old Car
> Picnic in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Over 360 cars, mostly a
primer
> rod crowd with lots of big blowers. We were near a huge turnout of
Hudsons