riding in things without seatbelts... and roll bars...

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: riding in things without seatbelts... and roll bars...
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:16:15 -0700
True story #5:
        Some years ago, my cousin was riding in the back of a friend's pickup.
His (not-yet licenced) girlfriend was driving.  He wasn't a particularly
unintelligent guy, but he stuck his head around the cab and in thru the
open drivers' window to give her directions.  She freaked, swerved, and
        You guessed it, he spent a month in a coma.  No brain damage was
diagnosed, but his personality changed considerably...
        So get belts in your roadster.  Get a bar, too (note to self- put bar
INTO car this weekend!).
        And for the last time, if it's alive, keep it OUT of the back of your
pickup!
Stepping off the soapbox, now, thank you very much,
Toby