Re: Wheel offset TSW recommendations request

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel offset TSW recommendations request
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:24:58 -0700
Fred hedged his bets:
>Posing this question for a friend -
>
>He wants to buy some wheels, and needs to know if they will
>work on his Datsun roadster. They're TSW 14x7's. The
>backspacing from the inside where the wheel meets the hub,
>to the inside back end of the rim is 5 inches.
>
>Will these wheels clear okay without problems on our
>roadsters?

Nope.  To fit, a 14x7 should have at *most* 3.75" backspacing, and
should realistically be 3.5"...

>If not, what's the opinion on using spacers and longer lugs?

Probably more trouble than it's worth; plus it's unsafe as
anything... since you're talking about a 1.5" spacer, as opposed to
a more reasonable 1/8", I'd be scared just standing next to the car.

All IMHO, YMMV, etc...
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
  |  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto