Silvia

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silvia
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:54:31 +1000
The original colour (or color as all you Americans incorrectly spell it)
was called "Silvia Gold", it was a metallic frosty green colour, it
didn't look anything like gold. Initially this was the only colour
available but some very late cars were also available in white. In the
Silvia's sales brochure the colour appears to be silver. In Australia
the 410 Bluebird was available in Silvia Gold too. (The first Nissans
with metallic paint were the 1964 Cedrics, which were available in
metallic red and green.)
A word of warning. If you are over 6 foot tall you will have big
problems fitting inside a Silvia. I am 5 foot 11 inches and my head rubs
on the head lining. When you see a bump in the road you have to duck to
avoid getting a concussion.
To learn more about the Silvia you can check out the Silvia page on my
website.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/silvia.html
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130