Woodward Dream Cruise

Subject: Woodward Dream Cruise
From: "Christopher Coker" <ccoker@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:37:54 -0400
Just so you guys in CA don't think you have all the fun....   :)

This Saturday is the 5th annual Woodward Dream Cruise.  Back in the 50's and
60's, Woodward Ave was THE place to go cruisin'/drag racing on Friday and
Saturday nights in Metro Detroit.  The annual dream cruise is a chance for
everyone to get their classic cars out of the garage and go cruisin'.
Imagine a million spectators lining the sides of over 20 miles of 8 lane
thoroughfare, filled with about 30,000 classic cars all creeping along so
everyone can get a good look.  Best of all, it's all FREE!  The 'unofficial'
start is this Friday, when everybody for miles just shows up, and the normal
traffic on Woodward is replaced with classics.  I drove my Roadster on
Friday night and some on Saturday, and it was fun to hear comments like
"That's a Datsun?" or "I haven't seen one of those in years."

Unfortunately, this year I'll be out of town most of the day on Saturday,
but the Roadster will definitely out for a drive on Friday night!

Happy Roadstering,
Chris Coker
'69 1600 SPL311-24529
Royal Oak, MI