suggestions????

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: suggestions????
From: matt w Monday <matt_monday@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:26:32 -0700
hey my name is Matt Monday. I live in Sacramento Ca and just got my
license. Im 16 and for my first car I bought a 1968 datsun roadster 1600
for $700.  I really love my car and since im kinda low on cash and the
people we bought it from lost the keys so i made a push button ignition.
My friend knew where the toggle switch &the push button were and thought
it would be cool to drive it.  so I went to go pick up my grade from
school and told him not to touch anything in my car & as I was walking
out he thought it would be funny to drive away as I walked up.  So he
drove it around in a circle and was coming back to park it and missed the
brake and hit the gas instead and went head into a pole.  After he did
this the car wasn't running right. Its way out of time and it smokes at
idle speed.  Could this be timing chain or rings? Also my S. U carbs are
always getting to much gas. Can anyone help me?