Re: Rear Main Bearing Puller

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, chubbard@shl.com
Subject: Re: Rear Main Bearing Puller
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 99 14:20:29 CDT
Charlie,

I can make up the tool tonight for you. I am behind in making some
"air injection nozzles" but I have various scrap pieces to make up
the tool laying around, and can get it out to you in the mail.

All I need to know is WHAT THREAD IS THE BOLT that goes into the rear
main cap. I have U-20's around the house, which will be metric on
that thread. on the SAE (G) motor not sure what threading it is.

I haven't gotten the engine back into the 67 2000 yet. Pulled it to
replace the clutch as a preventative measure move. Keep finding
"little things" that are annoying to fix meanwhile.

I had bought a digital camera a while back, but have "misplaced it".
My sons loved using it, which was great as they were not burning off
rolls of film. Only problem was they took it over to their Mom's
house, and couldn't find it later. Hmm, maybe I should check pawn
shops for it. Sigh. I had hoped to get some photos while the engine
was out!

Around Austin we hit 103 yesterday! Thankfully the house has two A/C
units. One upstairs, one down stairs. Upstairs unit is acting up,
and will shut down from running too hot. Once it hits down to 80F at
night, I shut down the AC... open the windows and put a couple of fans
in the windows. Whew... never again will I buy a red bricked house in
Texas!!! Maybe I should call it a red brick oven.  Oh, my son's Gecko's
seem to love the rooms at 95!

Let me know what size that bolt hole is, and your address and I'll
get you something made up.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.