Rear Drums Inner Lining

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Drums Inner Lining
From: "Kerry Zariwny" <kzariwny@home.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:14:25 -0700
Hi all
Hope the weekend is going well!

First of all I want to say thanks to everyone who gave info on how to get my
rear drums off. After three days of thumping with
rubber mallet and .5 of a can of liquid wrench, I finally got those puppies off
(YAY!).

But if you think you guys are off the hook, ya wrong! This is my first exposure
to drum brakes so I have a quick question: how
smooth is the inner lining of the drum supposed to be? I just got done cleaning
the drums and my right side is pretty pitted with
rust spots. I am assuming that it is supposed to be butt smooth. If I have to
replace the drum, that is cool but is there any
other method (translation: Inexpensive) that I can try?

Thanks again for everyone's assistance!

Kerry Z
West Linn, Oregon
1968 1600