Shuts Off

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shuts Off
From: 70 - SPL311 <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:01:50 -0700
Hi all!

I was going to search the archieves, but I don't know what to search on.

The car has to warm up and I have to use the choke at first so it
doens't shut off.  You'd think it be hot enough here in Phoenix.  I
drove the car around about 20 minutes with no problem.  I pulled into
the garage - stopped and the car shut off without my help.  This is the
third time it's done it.  I changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires just
before taking it out.  It has a Petronix ignition.  I was planning on
checking the timing tonight but was wondering what else I should be
looking at.  BTW - I don't have history on this car; I only had it about
a month.  It spent most of it's time on jacks since I got it.  The PO
had put carbs on from Dean and had a shop adjust them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

As always, I appreciated the help!

Jim