fouling plugs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: fouling plugs
From: "Gary L. Neel" <gneel@intellisys.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:04:35 -0500
    OK, I am in need of the thing that this site so well serves.....advice.
I have a '69 Solex U20 that runs well and starts well until it fouls the
plugs in about 20 miles of driving.  At first I thought it was fuel fouling.
But, on further investigation it appears to be oil on the plugs when they
foul.  Now, to confession....Last Summer I drove this car to the car wash
after putting the engine in it and I never put oil in it.  It seized the cam
and shut off.  I relieved the cam and it started right back up.  Did I
probably trash valve seats or something?   Where do I get my head
reworked... any places in Texas.  That would be closer than having it sent
to California or the East coast for machine work.   Thanks in advance for
any and all help.   Gary Neel, Altus, OK.