Fog lights

To: "ROADSTER LIST" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fog lights
From: "Jeanette Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 08:48:39 -0700
Greetings all,

I just finished installing a set of 55w PIAA 510 fog lamps on my 69 2000.
This is a good application for the roadsters as it doesn't pull power off
the wiring harness, but takes it's power directly from the battery. There is
a wiring harness, complete with it's own on/off switch. I by passed the
switch, and plugged the power (on) lead into the stock fog lamp hot wire.
When I turn on the fogs, the power from the original fog lamp wire is only
used to close the circuit which feeds from the battery to the lamps. They
are 4" round, with fluted lenses. The look is near stock, and they're the
brightest amber lights I've ever seen on a car.
I hope this helps someone out there. I normally don't post to the list my
little projects, but this worked so slick I just had to tell someone.  :-)

Dave.    SRL311-10444