Update and very sad story

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update and very sad story
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:13:22 -0700
My fellow roadsterites,

I've been missing for a while, mainly lost in disgust. Some of you might
remember that I've been working on a 65 320 pickup. Well things were going
along just fine. As a matter of fact, more than fine, great. I was
rebuilding the engine, new rings, conn rod bearings, head work. Restoring
the engine compartment - painting, wiring harness, replacing hardware,
painting the frame. Every thing looked really good and the parts were
rolling in from my local parts house. and then...

SOMEBODY STOLE MY TRANSMISSION!!

I live in a cantilever home, hanging off the hill, with no garage, so the
only place I had to work was my driveway. Somebody who circulates the
neighborhood on garbage day, looking for goodies that people throw out, saw
it and said "wow! that's $3.00 in aluminum!" came into my yard and took it.

It looks grim in finding another one. I found a couple of the column shift
ones used in the earlier models but none of the floor shift sort to replace
mine.

I don't want to go with a different engine/trans combo but my options may be
limited.

Oh, yea. I forgot. When I started working on the truck, my roadster's
headgasket went bye bye. I was going too leave it till I finished the truck.
Now I'm driving a soulless VW dasher wagon which has to be the worst insult
to injury yet.

Victor
Los Angeles