Headlight Relay question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight Relay question
From: arthur@vistamediagroup.com
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:20:13 -0700

Hello all!

I am an electrical neophyte trying to hook up my headlights with a
home-made wiring harness, as the original harness is gone.  I thought I
had figured out the connections to the relay.... Wrong!

According to my limited knowledge, there should be a control circuit and
the power/load circuit.  After looking at the relay and testing, I can't
figure out how the headlights are powered other than through the power to
the control circuit.  I got the low beams to work, but the power is going
through a 30-amp in-line fuse to the switch to the relay to the low
beams.  When I activate the control circuit on the relay by grounding the
coil, my low beams go off but the high beams (connected to the other
terminal) don't go on.  Do I have everything backward?

Thanks for the help!

Arthur R. Rockwell
'66 SPL311
North Hollywood, CA