brake problem

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake problem
From: "Dennis Desmond" <lilden@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:39:32 -1200
hello all,
i recently purchased a 1969 1600 in real nice shape. a couple of days ago i
noticed she was pulling left with the brake pedal depressed. i brought her
in to a local shop to be checked(i think the guy is a good mechanic and
fair but has never worked with a roadster before) he says that one rotor is
shot, and one caliper is sticking. he thinks i should go for two new rotors
and two new calipers, as well as pads all around. he says one rotor has a
ridge in it and if he grinds below it, it will be too thin, leaving me with
one rotor thicker than the other. he says this can be unsafe.i'm looking
for some of you veterans to advise me(knowing you have not checked the car
yourself). what do you think?
dennis
1969 1600
(hi mark)